THIS ARTICLE APPLIES TO LEGACY VERSIONS OF SYSTEM MECHANIC
When first installing System Mechanic Professional, you can select one or more of its components to include in the installation. For any components that were not initially selected, they can be installed at any time by running the installation wizard again.
- Obtain the latest version of System Mechanic Professional by clicking here.
- Start the System Mechanic Professional installation wizard by running the smpro_dm.exe download manager.
- On the first screen of the installation wizard, click Install System Mechanic Professional.
- Accept the license agreement and set the installation location.
- On the Select Components screen, select the check box next to each of the components you want to install:
- Search and Recover: Recovers deleted files, e-mail, music, photos, and more.
- DriveScrubber: Securely erases data from hard drives.
- System Shield: Protects against viruses, spyware, and other Internet threats.
- Note: Before installing the System Shield component, first uninstall any other antivirus software. Installing two different antivirus products can result in an inaccessible system.
- Continue to follow the on-screen instructions. The last screen of the installation wizard will indicate whether you need to restart your computer to complete the installation.