As of April 8th, 2014 Microsoft has discontinued support and updates for Windows XP and as of April 11, 2017 Microsoft has discontinued support and updates for Windows Vista.
As System Mechanic® advances its core technology to keep pace with the major changes to Windows® beginning with Windows 7, the new software architecture in System Mechanic is not compatible with Windows XP and Vista.
Designed for older computers running Windows XP and Vista, the Classic versions of System Mechanic and System Mechanic Pro are the latest and final versions available on the legacy software architecture. If you are running Windows XP or Vista, you must install Classic in order to optimize these older operating systems with System Mechanic.
Specifically, the latest and final version numbers are:
- System Mechanic Classic version 220.127.116.11
- System Mechanic Pro Classic version 18.104.22.168
Please note that, in conjunction with the cessation of Microsoft product support for Windows XP and Vista, users of System Mechanic Classic and System Mechanic Pro Classic as of January 1 and April 1, 2017, respectively, will no longer receive product updates, new features and enhancements or technical support from iolo Customer Care for these legacy products.
Install System Mechanic Classic or System Mechanic Pro Classic
Windows XP and Vista users, to install System Mechanic Classic (or System Mechanic Pro Classic):
- Download System Mechanic or System Mechanic Professional:
System Mechanic http://download.iolo.net/sm/15/std/en/iolo/trial/SystemMechanic_22.214.171.124.exe
System Mechanic Professional http://download.iolo.net/sm/15/pro/en/iolo/trial/SystemMechanicPro_126.96.36.199.exe
- Once downloaded, navigate to your Downloads folder and double-click on the install file to initiate the installation.
- If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes. Otherwise, when the iolo install wizard opens, follow the steps on screen to complete the installation of System Mechanic Classic (or System Mechanic Pro Classic).
- When finished, restart the PC if prompted or double-click on the System Mechanic icon on the Windows desktop.
- At the end of the installation process, a system reboot may be required.