- What is System Mechanic Ultimate Defense?
- What is the Fully Integrated Product Dashboard?
- What are the System Requirements?
- What is included in System Mechanic Ultimate Defense?
- Compare available System Mechanic products.
- How do I get System Mechanic Ultimate Defense?
- How do I install System Mechanic Ultimate Defense?
- Why won't my Activation Key work?
- How do I access Product Help?
- Find Answers to Questions About Other iolo Products
What is System Mechanic Ultimate Defense?
System Mechanic Ultimate Defense combines seven powerful products in a single System Mechanic dashboard for your convenience. System Mechanic Ultimate Defense is the total package that delivers all your security, privacy, and performance needs in one easy-to-use interface.
What is the Fully Integrated Product Dashboard?
The System Mechanic Ultimate Defense user interface allows you to access System Mechanic, System Shield, DriveScrubber, Search and Recover, Privacy Guardian, and Malware Killer from right within the main product panel. Simply click on the appropriate product icon at the left panel to call up that product's dashboard. You can also see certain information about the status of your system and the history of items which have been ran.
What are the System Requirements?
The System Mechanic Ultimate Defense program requires a PC with Microsoft® Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7; at least 270 MB of available hard disk space (includes virus definitions); minimum 512 MB RAM (optimal 2 GB); and an internet connection for license activation. Your web browsers must be up-to-date and the latest Windows updates should be fully applied. A USB drive is required to run the full hard drive data wipe feature of DriveScrubber.
What is included in System Mechanic Ultimate Defense?
System Mechanic Ultimate Defense includes the Full Versions of:
- System Mechanic® performance optimization
- System Shield® real-time antivirus protection
- Malware Killer™ on-demand malware removal
- Privacy Guardian™ online privacy protection
- ByePass™secure password manager (now also available for Android devices)
- DriveScrubber® drive wiping technology
- Search and Recover™ deleted file recovery
Compare Available System Mechanic Products
System Mechanic Pro®
Optimize PC performance
Protect online privacy
Securely manage passwords
Erase whole drives
Recover deleted files
How do I get System Mechanic Ultimate Defense?
Please go to www.iolo.com/products/system-mechanic-ultimate-defense/ to purchase and download the product.
How do I install System Mechanic Ultimate Defense?
Note: An installation CD is no longer required to install iolo products. Each product can be downloaded for your convenience.
Product Download Manager
- Please Ensure that you have an available internet connection and that no firewall or security programs are blocking outgoing access.
- Open your internet browser and navigate to https://sm.iolo.com. By default it should download to your Windows Downloads folder.
- Launch the installation file from either your browser download tray or from the Windows Downloads folder. If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- When the installer wizard opens, follow the steps on screen to complete the product installation.
- Once installed, if you are installing for the first time, click on the Activate now button and follow the prompts to activate as a trial or as a full product by entering your product activation key.
- You may be prompted to separately accept the installation of System Shield in order to proceed. You may elect to install it should you have no current active antivirus software installed or you may cancel and close the dialog window.
For further information on installing and activating, please visit our How Do I Install and Activate System Mechanic Ultimate Defense knowledgebase article here.
Why won't my Activation Key work?
If you have any difficulties with the licensing or installation of System Mechanic Ultimate Defense:
• Ensure that your computer is connected to the internet and that no firewall, security, or parental control programs are blocking outgoing access.
• Double-check the values you entered for the Activation Key, making sure that no spaces are entered and that all letters and numbers are entered exactly as shown.
• Some characters in the Activation Key (such as the number 0 and the letter O) can look very similar. Try double-checking the following: the letters O, l (lower-case L), I (capital i); and the numbers 0 (zero) and 1 (one).
• Under the terms of iolo's Whole Home License®, you may install System Mechanic Ultimate Defense on every PC in a single-family household for personal, non-commercial use only. For full terms and conditions, please see iolo's End User Licensing Agreement.
How do I access Product Help?
On the red menu bar, click the ? icon. From the dropdown menu, click Get Help Online. For additional help, please visit iolo’s Customer Care portal.
Find Answers to Questions About Other iolo Products
- System Mechanic Frequently Asked Questions
- Privacy Guardian Frequently Asked Questions
- Malware Killer Frequently Asked Questions
- ByePass Frequently Asked Questions