- What is System Mechanic Ultimate Defense?
- What happens to my existing Phoenix 360 license?
- What is included in System Mechanic Ultimate Defense?
- Compare available System Mechanic products.
- What are the System Mechanic Ultimate Defense System Requirements?
- How do I get System Mechanic Ultimate Defense?
- How do I install System Mechanic Ultimate Defense?
- Why won't my Activation Key work?
- What is the Fully Integrated Product Dashboard?
- Where can I find answers to questions about System Mechanic?
- Where can I find answers to questions about Privacy Guardian?
- Where can I find answers to questions about Malware Killer?
- Where can I find answers to questions about ByePass?
- How do I access the System Mechanic Ultimate Defense Product Help?
- Where can I find additional Help?
Phoenix 360™ has been integrated into the System Mechanic® product family with the launch of new System Mechanic® Ultimate Defense™. System Mechanic Ultimate Defense combines Phoenix 360's seven powerful products in a single System Mechanic dashboard for your convenience.
If you are an existing Phoenix 360 or System Mechanic Ultimate™ customer, you will receive new System Mechanic Ultimate Defense when you update your product. Your Activation Key will remain the same, with existing subscription time retained.
System Mechanic Ultimate Defense includes the Full Versions of:
- System Mechanic® performance optimization
- System Shield® real-time antivirus protection
- Malware Killer™ on-demand malware removal
- Privacy Guardian™ online privacy protection
- ByePass™secure password manager (now also available for Android devices)
- DriveScrubber® drive wiping technology
- Search and Recover™ deleted file recovery
System Mechanic Pro®
Optimize PC performance
Protect online privacy
Securely manage passwords
Erase whole drives
Recover deleted files
System Mechanic Ultimate Defense requires a PC with Microsoft® Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7; at least 270 MB of available hard disk space (includes virus definitions); minimum 512 MB RAM (optimal 2 GB); and an internet connection for license activation. Your web browsers must be up-to-date and the latest Windows updates should be fully applied.
If you have not received a desktop message that an upgrade is available (either from a purchase or as a former Phoenix 360 customer with an active service license), go to www.iolo.com/products/system-mechanic-ultimate-defense/ to purchase and download the product.
1. System Shield is the antivirus component of System Mechanic Ultimate Defense. To install and run System Shield as your primary real-time antivirus protection, first uninstall any other third-party antivirus software.
2. Ensure that your internet connection is on and that no firewall or security programs are blocking outgoing access.
3. If you have not already downloaded the installation file, go to https://smu.iolo.com. Choose a destination folder and click Save.
4. Open the installation file from either your browser download tray or the folder in which you saved it. If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
5. When the installer wizard opens, follow the steps onscreen to complete the installation of System Mechanic Ultimate Defense.
6. During installation you will be asked to enter the Activation Key provided in your order fulfillment email. Completely type all letters and numbers, exactly as shown. (Any hyphens will be automatically entered.)
7. You may be prompted to separately accept the installation of System Shield in order to proceed.
8. On the last screen of the installation wizard, click Finish. You may be prompted to restart your computer to complete the installation.
If you have any difficulties with the licensing or installation of System Mechanic Ultimate Defense:
• Ensure that your computer is connected to the internet and that no firewall, security, or parental control programs are blocking outgoing access.
• Double-check the values you entered for the Activation Key, making sure that no spaces are entered and that all letters and numbers are entered exactly as shown.
• Some characters in the Activation Key (such as the number 0 and the letter O) can look very similar. Try double-checking the following: the letters O, l (lower-case L), I (capital i); and the numbers 0 (zero) and 1 (one).
• Under the terms of iolo's Whole Home License®, you may install System Mechanic Ultimate Defense on every PC in a single-family household for personal, non-commercial use only. For full terms and conditions, please see iolo's End User Licensing Agreement.
The System Mechanic Ultimate Defense user interface allows you to access System Mechanic, System Shield, DriveScrubber, Search and Recover, Privacy Guardian, and Malware Killer from right within the main product panel. Simply click on the appropriate product icon at the top of the panel to call up that product's tab. You can also see certain information about the status of your ByePass account. Since ByePass is a web browser extension, its main UI remains browser-based.
You can read the System Mechanic Frequently Asked Questions here.
You can read the Privacy Guardian Frequently Asked Questions here.
You can read the Malware Killer Frequently Asked Questions here.
You can read the ByePass Frequently Asked Questions here.
On the red menu bar, click the ? icon. From the dropdown menu, click Get Help Online.
To communicate with Support agents and track the status of any submitted tickets, sign into iolo’s Customer Care portal.