What are the System Mechanic System Requirements?
To run System Mechanic, you will need a PC with:
- Windows® 10, 8.1, 8 or 7
- Minimum 512 MB RAM (optimal 2 GB)
- At least 100 MB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection
- Windows Administrator user account
- Latest Windows updates fully applied
How do I install System Mechanic?
- Ensure that your internet connection is on and that no firewall or security programs are blocking outgoing access.
- Go to https://sm.iolo.com. Choose a destination folder and click Save.
- Open the installation file from either your browser download tray or the folder in which you saved it. If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
- When the installer wizard opens, follow the steps onscreen to complete the installation of System Mechanic.
- During installation you will be asked to enter the Activation Key provided in your order fulfillment email. Completely type all letters and numbers, exactly as shown. (Any hyphens will be automatically entered.)
- On the last screen of the installation wizard, click Finish. You may be prompted to restart your computer to complete the installation.
Why won't my Activation Key work?
If you have any difficulties with the licensing or installation of System Mechanic:
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the internet and that no firewall, security, or parental control programs are blocking outgoing access.
- Double-check the values you entered for the Activation Key, making sure that no spaces are entered and that all letters and numbers are entered exactly as shown.
- Some characters in the Activation Key (such as the number 0 and the letter O) can look very similar. Try double-checking the following: the letters O, l (lower-case L), I (capital i); and the numbers 0 (zero) and 1 (one).
- Under the terms of iolo's Whole Home License®, you may install System Mechanic on every PC in a single-family household for personal, non-commercial use only. For full terms and conditions, please see iolo's End User Licensing Agreement.
How do I scan my PC for problems?
To run an analysis of your system:
1. From the System Mechanic Dashboard's Overview pane, click Analyze Now.
2. Once the analysis completes, you will see a snapshot of your PC's condition and see if any problems are detected.
3. To quickly make repairs, simply click Repair selected.
What is On-Demand Boost?
On-Demand Boost is the perfect complement to LiveBoost’s real-time performance boosting, by allowing you with one click to safely turn off multiple background services that drain precious system resources. Together, Real-Time Boost and On-Demand Boost deliver maximum speed, especially for specialized tasks like gaming, streaming, and more.
How do I access the Product Help?
On the red menu bar, click the ? icon. From the drop-down menu, click Get Help Online.
Why does the Product Help contain info about products other than System Mechanic?
The new, single iolo Product Help now contains useful guidance through all iolo products: System Mechanic, System Shield, Malware Killer, Privacy Guardian, ByePass, DriveScrubber, and Search and Recover. Regardless of which set of products you have licensed and are entitled to, you can find everything you need in this single Help resource.
Which System Mechanic products contain which features?
Choose the System Mechanic product that’s right for you from the below comparison chart:
System Mechanic Pro®
Optimize PC performance
Protect online privacy
Securely manage passwords
Erase whole drives
Recover deleted files
Where can I find additional Help?
Please feel free to contact our support agents via our chat widget to the right or from the main Customer Care portal.