1. System Shield is the antivirus component of System Mechanic Pro. To install and run System Shield as your primary real-time antivirus protection, first uninstall any other third-party antivirus software.
2. Ensure that your internet connection is on and that no firewall or security programs are blocking outgoing access.
3. If you have not already downloaded the installation file, go to https://smpro.iolo.com. Choose a destination folder and click Save.
4. Open the installation file from either your browser download tray or the folder in which you saved it. If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes.
5. When the installer wizard opens, follow the steps onscreen to complete the installation of System Mechanic Pro.
6. During installation you will be asked to enter the Activation Key provided in your order fulfillment email. Completely type all letters and numbers, exactly as shown. (Any hyphens will be automatically entered.)
7. You may be prompted to separately accept the installation of System Shield in order to proceed.
8. On the last screen of the installation wizard, click Finish. You may be prompted to restart your computer to complete the installation.