Start a new topic
Answered

Product conflicting with McAfee Live Safe

Just downloaded my System Mechanic Ultimate Defense. My computer came with McAfee Live Safe and did not seem to interfere with the last versions of System Mechanic. When I try to enable real-time protection I get a message saying I cannot due to McAfee Live Save.  So, can I simple remove the McAfee from my computer and all will be well, or what ??

Specs: Dell computer, Intel 9i chip, 32 gbs of ram Nvidia GTX 1080 with 8 gbs of vid ram.

Best Answer

James,

Yes, if you remove McAfee then you can enable the real-time protection of System Shield. What you experience is by design. You can only have one real-time protection enabled at a time so in order for System Shield to use real-time protection you will need to remove McAfee.

Thanks James. I will convert this to a ticket since it will require further information.

Answer

James,

Yes, if you remove McAfee then you can enable the real-time protection of System Shield. What you experience is by design. You can only have one real-time protection enabled at a time so in order for System Shield to use real-time protection you will need to remove McAfee.