Start a new topic
Answered

Ultimate Defense update

I keep getting this prompt

When I click on install, the launce

her starts for a half second and then disappears and nothing happens.  The prompt appears every day.  What is going on?

Best Answer

John, I sent you a link offline to try. Please let me know what occurs.

Michael, what is the version that appears at the upper left of the main application window?

I am having same problem as Michael Suie is having. Please help us get this straightened out as it is terribly annoying for this window to keep popping up and nothing happens.

Everyone, please close the popup dialog, exit the product, and that next time it is started the issue should not reoccur. 

If it reoccurs, please try a reinstall, or a simple over-install, using the download manager at http://sm.iolo.com. Installing over the what is already installed will not harm anything or change any of your current settings. This should ultimately resolve the issue.

You had requested my version.  It is 19.0.1.31

Sure did, thank you sir!

Please close the popup dialog, exit the product, and that next time it is started the issue should not reoccur. 

If it reoccurs, please try a reinstall, or a simple over-install, using the download manager at http://sm.iolo.com. Installing over the what is already installed will not harm anything or change any of your current settings. This should ultimately resolve the issue.

Okay, I've reinstalled.  I still have this problem.  (Ticket 33023)  I can't get these start-up programs turned off and the recommendation appears each time the analyzer is run.

I have the same problem.  Updater comes on for a second or two, then disappears.  I have reinstalled the programme; the problem remains.

I am also getting the 'unnecessary and dangerous' alert but nothing changes when I press the Turn off button.

1 person likes this

Please try the steps I sent you offline in your ticket and let me know what happens.

My problems are the same as above, even though I have reinstalled the programme.  My version is as downloaded: 19.0.0.1

Having the same problems as the above . . Used the other link and same thing happens . . Get that it's downloading, do I want to save a copy -- yes . . and then nothing happens.

Answer

John, I sent you a link offline to try. Please let me know what occurs.

Login or Signup to post a comment