Start a new topic
Answered

Problems with Privacy Guardian in Ultimate Defense

Since I upgraded to Ultimate Defense, several features of Privacy Guardian, which I previously used and liked, are missing.  Privacy Guardian can no longer be set to clear "tracks"  (cookies) on a schedule and I cannot clear the history of sites like I used to.   This seems to defeat the privacy protection that I formerly enjoyed if Privacy Guardian now keeps a permanent record of sites I have visited which apparently can no longer be cleared.

Can I get back a free standing version of Privacy Guardian like I had before or can I go back to System Mechanic 360 (18.7)?  Thank you for your assistance.

Joel Brackbill

Best Answer

Joel,

For the sake of saying, I did run a test just now, installing SMUD and then the standalone Privacy Guardian (http://pg.iolo.com), it installed and the interface is accessible. It inherits the activation key since it is among the suite of applications belonging to SMUD. 

Its not a recommended option because if you uninstall one or the other it will break whatever version of Privacy Guardian is installed (SMUD versus standalone) and most likely necessitate a full product reinstall. Both will exist though.

1 person has this question

Thank you for your reply and I will wait for notification of a new version.

David, a Privacy Guardian update is currently being tested to resolve this and is forthcoming once full testing has been completed. I do not have an immediate release date but I know there is an urgency for it and will communicate any changes as they become available.

My dashboard says cookies never cleaned even though I've cleaned them. When i enable browsers and go back they are all disabled. Privacy Guardian can no longer be set to clear "tracks" on a schedule or clear the history. Any suggestions?

1 person likes this
Answer

Joel,

For the sake of saying, I did run a test just now, installing SMUD and then the standalone Privacy Guardian (http://pg.iolo.com), it installed and the interface is accessible. It inherits the activation key since it is among the suite of applications belonging to SMUD. 

Its not a recommended option because if you uninstall one or the other it will break whatever version of Privacy Guardian is installed (SMUD versus standalone) and most likely necessitate a full product reinstall. Both will exist though.

Joel, I will research this a bit and reply on it. I may convert it to a ticket for further correspondence but will let you know.

Login or Signup to post a comment