While attempting to update or uninstall System Mechanic I receive an error referencing the files "unins000.dat", "unins000.msg", or "unins000.exe"
To resolve this issue a manual uninstallation of System Mechanic must be performed.
- Uninstall all iolo products other than System Mechanic from your system.
- Right-click on the Windows Start button and select Explore.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(x86) and delete the iolofolder.
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData. If it exists delete the iolofolder.
Note: If you receive a message stating that a file is in use, open the Windows Task Manager, end all iolo processes that are running and then attempt to delete the folder again. If the file is still in use you may need to boot into Windows Safe Mode to delete it. Click here for help booting into safe mode.
- Windows XP
- Click the Windows Start button and select Run
- In the Open field, type REGEDIT.
- Click OK. The registry editor will open.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- In the Start Search field, type REGEDIT.
- Click on the REGEDIT entry that appears under Programs. The registry editor will open.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software then locate and delete the iolofolder.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software then locate and delete the iolofolder should it exist.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion and double-click on the Uninstallfolder to expand it.
- From the Uninstall folder, locate and delete any of the following items should they exist:
System Mechanic Professional_is1
System Mechanic 6_is1
System Mechanic Professional 6_is1
System Mechanic 7_is1
System Mechanic Professional 7_is1
System Mechanic 8_is1
System Mechanic Professional 8_is1
- When you are finished, restart your computer.
- Click hereto download the latest iolo product installation files.
- Reinstall your products. You should experience no further errors.
Note: The Registry is a highly sensitive area of your system. Do not edit or delete any registry entries not specifically mentioned in this article unless you are an experienced user.