How to Revert to System Mechanic Classic From A New Software Platform Version
If you’ve upgraded to System Mechanic 16.5 (or System Mechanic 16.5 Pro) or later and wish to revert to System Mechanic (or System Mechanic Pro) as it was on the old software platform, you’ll need to replace System Mechanic with System Mechanic Classic, or System Mechanic Pro with System Mechanic Pro Classic.
Designed for older computers running Windows® XP and Vista, the Classic versions of these products are the latest and final versions available on the legacy software architecture.
If your computer is not running Windows XP or Vista, it is highly recommended that you upgrade to or remain on System Mechanic 16.5 or later
to receive the full security and optimization benefits of the software, which is specifically designed to leverage more modern operating systems, from Windows 7, through 10 and beyond.
If you still wish to revert to the last version of System Mechanic before the leap to the new Quicksilver High Performance software platform:
Write Down Your Activation Key
1. Open System Mechanic (or Pro)
2. Click the ?
) in the red menu bar and select About System Mechanic
3. Write down the series of alphanumeric digits in the Activation Key
field, as you may be required to enter this Activation Key later
4. Close System Mechanic
Uninstall System Mechanic 16.5 (or later)
1. Click the Windows Start
button to open the Search
2. In the Search
box, type “uninstall”
3. In the Control Panel
group of items listed, find and click Uninstall a program
4. After the Windows Uninstaller opens, scroll through the list of programs until you find System Mechanic or System Mechanic Pro
5. Right-click on it to uninstall
Install System Mechanic Classic (or System Mechanic Pro Classic)
1. Once System Mechanic finishes uninstalling, go to http://www.iolo.com/downloads/
2. Find System Mechanic Classic (or System Mechanic Pro Classic) and click Download Now.
3. When the product download page appears, click Download Now
again and save the iolo download manager executable file to your hard drive
4. When the file finishes downloading, click on it to open it
5. If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes
6. When the iolo installer wizard opens, follow the steps onscreen to complete the installation of System Mechanic Classic
7. If you need help entering your product Activation Key, visit: http://support.iolo.com/link/portal/16098/16125/Article/1114/I-need-help-with-my-Activation-Key
8. At the end of the installation process, a system reboot may be required
Additionally note that, in conjunction with the cessation of Microsoft product support for Windows XP and Vista, users of System Mechanic Classic and System Mechanic Pro Classic as of January 1 and April 1, 2017, respectively, will no longer receive product updates, new features and enhancements or technical support from iolo Customer Care for these legacy products.