How to Reinstall an Older Version of System Mechanic Pro
With the advent of System Mechanic 16.5 Pro®, iolo welcomes the all-in-one optimization and security solution into the Quicksilver High-Performance™ family of products. If you’ve upgraded to System Mechanic 16.5 Pro (or later) and wish to revert to System Mechanic Pro as it was on the old software platform, you’ll need to replace System Mechanic 16.5 Pro with System Mechanic Pro Classic.
Designed for older computers running Windows® XP and Vista, System Mechanic Pro Classic is the latest and final version of System Mechanic Pro available on the legacy software architecture.
If your computer is not running Windows XP or Vista, it is highly recommended that you upgrade to or remain on System Mechanic 16.5 Pro
to receive the full security and optimization benefits of the software, which is specifically designed to leverage more modern operating systems, from Windows 7, through 10 and beyond.
If you still wish to revert to the last version of System Mechanic Pro before the leap to the new Quicksilver High Performance software platform:
Write Down Your Activation Key
1. Open System Mechanic Pro
2. Click the ?
) in the red menu bar and select About System Mechanic Pro
3. Write down the series of alphanumeric digits in the Activation Key
field, as you may be required to enter this Activation Key later
4. Close System Mechanic Pro
Uninstall System Mechanic 16.5 Pro (or later)
1. Click the Windows Start
button to open the Search
2. In the Search
box, type “uninstall”
3. In the Control Panel
group of items listed, find and click Uninstall a program
4. After the Windows Uninstaller opens, scroll through the list of programs until you find System Mechanic Pro
5. Right-click on it to uninstall System Mechanic Pro
Install System Mechanic Pro Classic
1. Once System Mechanic Pro finishes uninstalling, go to http://www.iolo.com/downloads/
2. Find System Mechanic Pro Classic and click Download Now.
3. When the product download page appears, click Download Now
again and save the iolo download manager executable file to your hard drive
4. When the file finishes downloading, click on it to open it
5. If the User Account Control window appears, click Yes
6. When the iolo installer wizard opens, follow the steps onscreen to complete the installation of System Mechanic Pro Classic
7. If you need help entering your product Activation Key, visit: http://support.iolo.com/link/portal/16098/16125/Article/1114/I-need-help-with-my-Activation-Key
8. At the end of the installation process, a system reboot may be required
Additionally note that, in conjunction with the cessation of Microsoft product support for Windows XP and Vista, users of System Mechanic Classic and System Mechanic Pro Classic as of January 1 and April 1, 2017, respectively, will no longer receive product updates, new features and enhancements or technical support from iolo Customer Care for these legacy products.